OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm • Friday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
AFTER-HOURS CRISIS SUPPORT & VICTIM ASSISTANCE: 303-615-9911
The Health Center at Auraria provides consulting, assessment and testing services for Coronavirus (COVID-19). If you’re interested in these services, please read below for updated testing protocols and COVID-related health information.
Effective January 11, 2021, constituents who want to be tested at the Auraria COVID-19 Testing site will register through COVID Check Colorado’s online platform. Individuals will then complete an electronic patient information form and will be directed to a scheduling system where they will schedule their COVID-19 test.
If an Auraria constituent wants to schedule household members living at the same address at the time they are making their testing appointment (or at a later time), they should use the household password, T88TJUWZ, for adding any household members.
This new system, designed specifically for Auraria constituents, will permit testing of individuals who are either symptomatic (those with symptoms) or asymptomatic (those without symptoms). However, the frequency of asymptomatic testing is determined by the 14 day window associated with the length of time it takes for COVID-19 symptoms to develop. Symptomatic individuals can schedule testing whenever they develop symptoms.
Starting January 11, 2021, testing will be available M-Th from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and F from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Additional hours may be added in the future if demand warrants.
If you are driving or in a private vehicle, please drive-up and around the Lawrence Street turnaround located at 855 Lawrence Way, Denver 80204, between St. Cajetan’s and the King Center. Please remain in your vehicle in the turnaround until you are summoned by a member of our Health Center at Auraria staff to enter the South entrance of the King Center. Please be advised that symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals ideally should not ride in the same vehicle. If you are arriving on foot, please check-in with the Health Center at Auraria staff inside the South entrance of the King Center that faces the Lawrence Street turnaround.
COVID-19 Signs & Symptoms
- Fever or elevated body temperature (100.4 or higher)
- New cough
- Shortness of breath or
- Difficulty breathing
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain/body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Chills and/or repeated shaking with chills
Mental Health Assistance for those without COVID-19 Symptoms
If you’re experiencing undue stress, anxiety or sense any type of discrimination to your presence on campus, but do not have any symptoms associated with the Coronavirus, we encourage you to call the Health Center at Auraria to talk to a medical or mental health provider. Simply call 303-615-9999 and indicate that you would like to schedule a Coronavirus Consultation. There is no charge for this service.
Telehealth Services for Medical and Mental Health Care
Medical and Mental Health providers at the Health Center at Auraria offer telehealth services to patients, when appropriate. Due to professional licensing regulations that restrict providing care across state lines there may be limitations on telehealth services if you are not in Colorado at the time of your appointment. Please contact the Health Center at Auraria to discuss treatment and/or referral options.
Protocols for Keeping the Auraria Campus Safe
- Enacting public health-informed campus and building safety protocols, in coordination with our Auraria Campus partners, including more frequent and intensive cleaning.
- Providing hand sanitizer stations at designated entrances for each building, plus more at elevator banks.
- Maintaining social distancing in shared spaces such as classrooms and labs.
- Limiting the number of people on campus to further minimize risk of spread.
- Requiring a face covering (mask or face shield) over the mouth and nose while on campus in the presence of others.
- Providing Personal Protective Equipment kits to Roadrunners. More details on availability and distribution to come soon.
General COVID-19 Guidelines
- Perform a health assessment daily before coming to campus (see below).
- Wear a face covering (mask or face shield) at all times on campus when in the presence of others.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer on the way in and out of buildings.
- Follow signage for designated entrances and exits.
- Minimize touching of surfaces.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least six feet.
- No food-based events or gatherings will be allowed.
- Limit time on campus as much as possible and comply with posted signage in common areas.
- For employees, wipe down work surfaces often, but at least at the start and end of your time on campus with disinfectant and paper towels. Disinfectant will be available in classrooms.
- Comply with occupancy limits posted on elevators; maintain physical distancing if using the stairs.
- Bring your campus photo ID to access buildings. If you do not have a campus photo ID, the bookstore will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to issue IDs. Additionally, you can call this number to set up an appointment: 303-556-8352.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)
COVID specific information for the state of Colorado.
Additional local testing resource information.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
COVID-19 specific information.