OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm • Friday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
AFTER-HOURS CRISIS SUPPORT & VICTIM ASSISTANCE: 303-615-9911
Specializing in college health, the Health Center at Auraria offers comprehensive Medical Services. These include onsite lab testing, digital X-ray services and a medication dispensing outlet where patients seen at the Health Center can purchase their medications at the time of their visit. (Note: not all medications are available.)
Below is a summary of Medical Services:
- Acute Illness: cold, flu, strep throat, pink eye
- Chronic Illness: asthma, COPD, diabetes
- EKG, IV’s, injections, lab draws, nebulizer treatments
- Injury Treatments: minor burns, cuts, sprains, strains
- Athletic Care: physicals, injury assessment, general athlete well care
- Female Healthcare: birth control information and supplies, pregnancy tests, gynecology exams, colposcopy/cryotherapy
- Auraria Immunizations
- Mental Health Services
- Minor Surgeries, Suturing and Biopsies
- Physical Examinations: general well care and athlete care
- Preventative Healthcare: mole removal, skin evaluations, well care physicals
- Prescriptive Rehabilitation: Coordinated care between Athletic Trainers and Health Center providers for musculoskeletal injuries.
- Sexual Assault Services
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing and Treatments (NO CHARGE HIV Testing)
- Specialty Services
- Transgender Care
- Ultrasounds (limited use for women’s health and sports medicine visits)
Health Insurance Coverage
Each health insurance plan is different. It’s important for any patient to understand what their health insurance plan covers for Medical and Mental Health Services. More information about Health Insurance can be found online at Health Insurance.
There’s no fee associated with Crisis Service Intervention for Medical or Mental Health Services. If individuals would like follow-up care, fees include standard health insurance copayments. Self-pay options are also available. Call for additional information or to schedule an appointment.
If needed, the Health Center at Auraria providers make referrals to outside providers when additional services are needed.
The Health Center at Auraria offers short-term rentals for a small selection of Durable Medical Equipment (DME). See the no-cost resources below if you are in need support with obtaining longer-term medical equipment.
Assistance League of Denver- Medical Equipment Loan Closet
Assistance League of Denver loans wheelchairs, walkers, canes, bath benches, toilet risers, and other medical equipment free of charge. Our goal is to provide instant access to needed equipment easing the financial burden of surgeries and illnesses on an individual or family.
Dave’s Locker is a free community medical equipment service which loans out crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, shower stools, grab bars, canes, knee scooters, bathroom aids (and much more) to anyone in need.
South Metro Medical Equipment Loan Closet
The South Metro Medical Equipment Loan Closet’s (SMMELC) purpose is to provide temporary loans of durable medical equipment to persons 18 years of age and over, who need aid in their recovery from surgery, illness or injury, serving the South Metro area of Denver, Colorado.