OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm • Friday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
AFTER-HOURS CRISIS SUPPORT & VICTIM ASSISTANCE: 303-615-9911
People who have a sexual addiction typically have an unhealthy fascination with or fixation on sex. So much so, that it takes control over the individuals thinking, making it challenging to live a well-balanced, healthy lifestyle. Behaviors may include engaging in cybersex, pornography or phone sex and engaging in risky sexual practices.
Symptoms of a sexual addiction may include:
- Sexual impulses that are intense and feel as if they’re beyond one’s control
- Difficulty with consistently enforcing sexual behavior
- Use of compulsive sexual behavior as an escape from other problems, such as loneliness, depression, anxiety or stress
- Engaging in sexual behaviors that have serious consequences, such as the potential for getting or giving someone else a sexually transmitted infection, the loss of important relationships, trouble at work, or legal problems
- Trouble establishing and maintaining emotional closeness, even if one is married or in a committed relationship
Sexual Addiction Resources
Begin Again Institute
Individual, couples/partner and intensive treatment for those who struggle with sex and/or pornography addiction.
Front Range Counseling Center
Outpatient treatment agency focusing on marriage counseling as well as sex addiction and other mental health issues.
Trailhead Counseling Center
Outpatient counseling agency focusing on sex and porn addiction.
Sex Addicts Anonymous
Resources and 12-step based recovery groups for those struggling with addictive sexual behavior.