Opt-Out Waiver Instructions
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm • Friday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
AFTER-HOURS CRISIS SUPPORT & VICTIM ASSISTANCE: 303-615-9911
Opt-Out Waiver Instructions
Students who are enrolling in 9 or more credits for Fall or Spring Semester and have compliant health insurance can elect to opt-out of SHIP. Opt-out waivers must be submitted by the posted deadline each Fall and Spring semester when showing registered for 9 or more credits.
The official means of student health insurance communications is via email to the student’s assigned MSU Denver email account ([email protected]). Health insurance email reminders are sent from ECI Services to the student’s MSU Denver email account. ECI Services is the University approved health insurance audit company for MSU Denver Student Insurance. Please check your spam email if you are not receiving ECI Services official email notices and waiver reminders.
All waivers are to be completed online by following the instructions below.
Note: The Spring waiver closed February 2 and the Fall waiver will open after July 1.
Please wait 24-36 hours after you add classes (totaling 9 or more credits) and fees are assessed to tuition for authorization into the ECI Services insurance waiver website. (Fall fees are not assessed until after July 1st.)
- Visit the MSU Denver Student Hub at msudenver.edu/studenthub
- Go to Web Services
- Under Web Services click Student Profile (Self-Service Banner)
- Once on your Student Profile page, go to Banner Menu (4 squares at top left)
- Click Menu > Students > Health Insurance Waiver
- Click the link “Submit a Waiver or View a Waiver” to be directed to the waiver form hosted by ECI Services Elev834. An additional log-in authentication may be required before being directed to Elev834 and the waiver.
- Fill in required waiver fields. If your demographic information at the top of the waiver form needs updating, please go to your Student Hub Profile page after submitting the waiver form to update your address or phone number under Personal Information menu.
- Sign (type) your name in the signature box located at the bottom of the waiver exactly as it is shown pre-populated at the top of the waiver form, include any middle name, initial, period or hyphen only if shown.
- Submit your waiver then look for a confirmation page and then email from ECI Services. The waiver did not successfully submit if you do not see a confirmation page immediately after clicking submit.
Please look for a confirmation email from ECI Services in your MSU Denver email account confirming you have successfully submitted the waiver and is “pending” audit. Submitting a waiver does not mean waiver approval. If you do not see an email from ECI Services after clicking Submit in the form, please look in your spam or junk folder to accept the external confirmation email, or go back to the Student Hub insurance waiver tab link and login to be directed to ECI Services Elev834 system to check submitted waivers.
Please allow 10-15 business days for waivers to complete audit. Once the audit is complete, a verification email from ECI Services is sent to your MSU Denver email account stating the audit status of your insurance waiver – either it will show approved, denied, or in re-submit status. Please read all ECI Services email notices to be informed of any actions that you can take to help complete the waiver audit if necessary.
Once a waiver is approved, the student health insurance charge is removed from the tuition and fees account.