Opt-Out Waiver Instructions
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm • Friday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
AFTER-HOURS CRISIS SUPPORT & VICTIM ASSISTANCE: 303-615-9911
Opt-Out Waiver Instructions
Students who are enrolled in 9 or more credits in Fall or Spring Semester with a University compliant Health Insurance Plan can elect to opt-out of SHIP. This must be done every Fall or Spring semester a student is taking 9 or more credits and would like to opt-out of SHIP. And it must be submitted by the posted deadline each semester.
Please Note: The Fall semester waiver is no longer available. The Spring waiver opens October 26.
All waivers are completed online by following the instructions below. An Opt-Out Waiver is required every Fall and Spring Semester a student is taking 9 or more credits and does not wish to have SHIP.
Please note the official means of communication for SHIP is via the student’s MSU Denver email. Emails are sent to the student’s official MSU Denver email from ECI Services. ECI Services is the approved health insurance audit company for the MSU Denver Student Insurance Office. Please check your spam email if you are not receiving ECI Services official email notices and reminders.
Please wait 24-36 hours after you add classes (totaling 9 or more credits) and fees are assessed to tuition, in order to access the online insurance waiver form.
- Visit the MSU Denver Student Hub at msudenver.edu/studenthub
- Go to Web Services
- Under Web Services click Student Profile (Self-Service Banner)
- Once on your Student Profile page, go to Banner Menu (4 squares at top left)
- Click Menu > Students > Health Insurance Waiver
- Click the link “Submit a Waiver or View a Waiver” to be directed to the waiver form hosted by ECI Services Elev834. An additional log-in authentication may be required before being directed to Elev834 and the waiver.
- Fill in all required fields and verify the information is input correctly. If your demographic information at the top of the waiver form needs updating, please go to your Student Profile page after submitting the waiver to update an address or phone number under Personal Information menu.
- Sign (type) your name in the signature box located at the bottom of the waiver exactly as it is shown pre-populated at the top of the waiver form, including any middle name, initial, period or hyphen.
- Submit your waiver then look for a confirmation page and then email from ECI Services. The waiver did not successfully submit if you do not see a confirmation page immediately after clicking submit.
Please look for a confirmation email from ECI Services in your MSU Denver email account confirming you have successfully submitted the waiver and it’s “pending” audit. Submitting a waiver does not mean waiver approval. If you do not see an email from ECI Services after clicking Submit in the form, please look in your spam or junk folder to accept the external confirmation email, or go back to the Student Hub insurance waiver tab link and login to be directed to ECI Services Elev834 system to check submitted waivers.
Please allow 10-15 business days for waivers to complete audit. Once the audit is complete, a verification email from ECI Services is sent to your MSU Denver email account stating the audit status of your insurance waiver – either it will show approved, denied, or in re-submit status. Please read all ECI Services email notices to be informed of any actions that you can take to help complete the waiver audit if necessary.
Once a waiver is approved, the student health insurance charge is removed from the tuition and fees account.