Opt-Out Waiver Instructions
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm • Friday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
AFTER-HOURS CRISIS SUPPORT & VICTIM ASSISTANCE: 303-615-9911
Opt-Out Waiver Instructions
Students who are enrolled in 9 or more credits in Fall or Spring Semester with a University compliant Health Insurance Plan can elect to opt-out of SHIP. This must be done every Fall or Spring semester a student is taking 9 or more credits and would like to opt-out of SHIP. And it must be submitted by the posted deadline each semester.
All waivers are completed online by following the instructions below. An Opt-Out Waiver is required every Fall and Spring Semester a student is taking 9 or more credits and does not wish to have SHIP.
Please note the official means of communication for SHIP is via the student’s MSU Denver email. Emails will be sent to the student’s official MSU Denver email from ECI Services. In addition, ECI Services (Elev834) is the approved Health Insurance Auditing Company for the MSU Denver Student Insurance Office.
Please wait 24-36 hours after you register for classes to have access to the waiver form.
- Visit the MSU Denver Student Hub at msudenver.edu/studenthub
- Under Web Services, click on Main Menu
- Log-in with your MSU Denver NetID and Password
- Go into the Insurance Waiver tab
- Click the link “Submit a Waiver or View a Waiver” to be directed to the waiver page hosted by ECI Services’ Elev834 for MSU Denver. An additional log-in authentication may be required before being directed to Elev834.
- Click View Waivers within the menu along the top of the page.
- Click Submit Waiver Form on the right side of page above the line.
- Fill in all required fields and verify the information is input correctly. If your personal information needs updating, please go to the Student Hub to make changes under the Personal Information tab after submitting the waiver.
- Sign your name in the signature box located at the bottom exactly as it is shown pre-populated at the top, including any middle name, initial, period or hyphen.
- Click Submit to receive a waiver confirmation page.
Please look for a confirmation email from ECI Services (Elev834) in your MSU Denver email account confirming you have successfully submitted the waiver and it’s “pending” audit. Submitting a waiver is not waiver approval.
Please allow 10-15 business days for waivers to be audited. Once the audit is complete, a verification email from ECI Services (Elev834) will be sent to your MSU Denver email account stating that the audit of your insurance waiver was completed, and either approved or denied, or further information is needed and to re-submit information in order to complete the audit.
Once a waiver is approved, the student health insurance charge will be removed from your tuition account.