OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm • Friday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
AFTER-HOURS CRISIS SUPPORT & VICTIM ASSISTANCE: 303-615-9911
The MSU Denver Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) provides comprehensive coverage on campus, in the surrounding community and nationally. The cost of SHIP is the same no matter how old you are, where you live or what your personal risk factors are. It is available to undocumented students who are not eligible to purchase insurance through Colorado’s insurance market. In addition, SHIP does not require the completion of an application or health history form.
Below you’ll find the top benefit features when enrolled in the MSU Denver Student Health Insurance Plan. SHIP members decide where to get their care, either on campus at the Health Center at Auraria or with community providers listed on the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network. Members may decide to use both options for complete comprehensive care.
- 100% coverage for all medical services; $0 copay office visits at the Health Center at Auraria
- $20 maximum cost prescription at the Health Center at Auraria
- NO Deductible, NO co-insurance, NO co-payments at the Health Center at Auraria
- ACA compliant plan, includes the 10 Essential Benefits
- Comprehensive coverage for medical services at hundreds of In-network hospitals and medical offices across Colorado and Nationwide
- Preventive Benefits payable at 100% to Choice Plus network providers
- Global Emergency services automatically included
- Intercollegiate and Club Sports coverage automatically included
A summary explanation of SHIP benefits and network deductibles can be found on SHIP Benefits.
More information about how to use the SHIP plan can be found on Accessing Healthcare on SHIP.